CYK Compound Centrifugal Chiller/Heat Pump
300-2,500 TR (2,000-11,000 kW)
The highly adaptable YORK® CYK Compound Centrifugal Chiller operates beyond the range of typical centrifugal chillers.
- Uses two centrifugal compressors for high-head conditions and differential pressures
- Flash economizer
- On-board control panel simplifies operation
Outstanding High-head Performance
The two-compressor design offers superior performance in air-cooled, brine-chilling, ice-thermal and heat-pump applications.
Each compressor can be optimized to match application requirements and operating conditions.
Quantum LX Control Center simplifies operation.
- Compound chiller design (two compressors in series)
- Quantum LX Control Center
- Compressors and motors mounted above the shells for a compact footprint
- Capacity control on each compressor for better off-design performance
- Patented OptiSoundTM Control for reduction in operational sound levels
- With variable-speed drive, a variable-geometry diffuser and magnetic-bearing technology YORK® YZ delivers up to 35% annual energy savings versus traditional, fixed-speed, oil-bearing chillers
- Magnetic-bearing driveline offers outstanding reliability and 80% fewer moving parts than traditional oil- or refrigerant-lubricated drivelines
- Robust and reliable high-speed, hermetic induction motor reduces maintenance
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the face of real-world variables, where 99% of the cooling season is spent in off-design conditions
- With the OptiSpeed™ Drive, energy consumption can be as low as .20 kW/TR, reducing annual energy costs by as much as 30%
- Earn LEED® Points with credits for Energy and Atmosphere (EAc1) and for Enhanced Refrigerant Management (EAc4)
- Uses R-134a refrigerant
- Economized refrigeration cycle to extend capacity and improve efficiency
- OptiView™ Control Center continuously monitors system operation
- Uses zero-ODP, R-134a or R-513A refrigerant
- Industrial, reliable, long-lasting proven design
- Custom multi-stage chiller with flexible options of steam turbine or electric motor with variable speed drive