YVFA Free Cooling Variable Speed Screw Chiller
150-500 TR (525-1,750 kW)
The YORK® YVFA is a free-cooling screw chiller that minimizes operating cost by combining superior engineering and technology with a packaged design that's simple to own and operate.
- YORK® variable-speed drive
- Air-to-liquid, free-cooling coils
- Intelligent controls optimize energy
Simple to Own and Operate
Hybrid mode combines the best technologies to boost part-load efficiency.
Packaged controls and single-point convenience simplify operation.
Get assured performance from the variable-speed leaders who have over three generations of expertise.
Payback possible in as little as two years – and we can prove it.
- Packaged controls for single-point convenience to easily accommodate process or building changes
- Variable-frequency inverter technology enables a zero-inrush soft start and a high-displacement power factor across the entire operating range
- Performance is assured by AHRI certification, the first for an air-cooled screw chiller with free-cooling
- Open-loop and closed-loop design solutions for different building systems
- Intelligent controls also optimize the balance between using fans to move air over the free-cooling coils
- Quick Start option achieves full load after a power loss in four minutes or less
- Integrated air-to-liquid, free-cooling coils, designed by our heat transfer experts, reduce or eliminate the need for mechanical cooling when conditions allow
- 115-500 TR, 400-1750 kW
Because YVAA chillers contain a variable-speed drive, there is no inrush of current. As a result, all compressors can be started together. This allows a faster ramp-up to full capacity than possible with a typical chiller.
Hybrid Mode Technology
- Patented YORK® liquid-cooled, variable-speed drive technology
- Screw compressors designed and manufactured by Johnson Controls
- Patented, stepped VI (volume ratio) technology to match compressor operation to conditions
- Integrated compressor VSD standard with 50% fewer moving parts
- Excellent capacity control, high power factor and soft start
- Easy access to display and control features via control display access door
- Industry-leading IPLV with variable-speed drive fans
- Optimized compressor for better part-load efficiency
- Building automation system (BAS) communications
- Standard ambient range up to 125°F
- Optional hot-gas bypass
- Optional factory-mounted hydronic-pump kit